Friday 30 January 2015

The cocktail arcade plans

So i decided to have a play around with some sizes. Seeing what i could get out of a 1200 x 2400 sheet of MDF.

I had a few interations, then decided on a set of measurements.

Its pretty much based around the screen size, so not going to be perfect.
As i say, the next will have a 4:3 screen, which will fit the look better.


Attempt one:



Not great, attempt two:



Trying to make it look ok, when i haven't a clue on sizes was hard. But i think what i settled on should work.


I still have to work out the arch radius. And the corner radius. 
I think its looks ok though. Time will tell.

I will add the cut sheets later. So you can see what i got out of the MDF.
In the end i had to get 2 sheets to make it fit. I just could quite get away with one sheet.

Maybe next time with a 4:3 screen.

Bought:

2 sheets of 1200 x 2400 mm MDF @ 9mm :  £40

Running total : £205.68


I decided to add a USB hub, so you can add music, films, roms etc via a USB stick, without opening the game.

Quality 4 Ports High Speed USB 2.0 Hub Multi Splitter Expansion for PC : £2.53




Running total : £208.21


No comments:

Post a Comment